March 8, 2020

Story details

During the class meeting on Tuesday, many doubts were cleared and new ideas incorporated into the project. I was experiencing a dilemma with how I should end the piece and if the characters should be spiced up (just a little) since my story is quite simple... which I love (and Tina does too).

"Start with how they end up and the rest of the film is the day leading up to the audition." Instead of showing the band playing at the end after the film placed the people into the band, the students suggested to start off the film with the band playing (a nice & non-recurring approach). Which personally I don't think is a bad idea, I just don't think I would be filming the band playing in general. I don't obtain all the instruments needed nor are all the actors are musicians. With that being said, I appreciated the idea but I don't think it will be considered (maybe for another project).

Another idea would be to have the band audition and none of them pass the audition, which would mean ending the film with a twist and not a resolution. This ending would also leave the audience with a suspense, with a mystery of if the band ended up together or not. Personally I don't like when films/ short films and/or music videos end this way. I like to have the full information, not necessarily a happy ending but a resolution... something to end the piece in form of a resolution, a kind of proper closure.

The last advice that was spoken from the minds of the wonderful students!!!!, was to make the characters very distinct. Each and everyone has their unique quirks that differentiates them profusely from one another. I believe this idea would add an interesting element to this film, it would add a certain contrast that color and mise-en-scene in general wouldn't be able to portray. As well as the physical style of the characters, their personalities will vary. Yet I feel more than the personalities, what they do during the day would be better to set the contrast. Since it is a 5 minute film, trying to sum up the personalities would be resolved in an easy which ends up with the film being cheesy. Which I don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://youtu.be/a5jucl6Xu-o