March 9, 2020

I'm Not Okay With This

I just watched the new original Netflix series, I'm Not Okay With This, and in all honesty it was entertaining. The main character was truly obnoxious... not sure if it was the personality or the way she didn't annunciate some words clearly. Well, she was just not in any way the cool part of the show. They probably could've casted better... whatever.

Netflix sort of has a certain theme going on with their originals, they seem to really speak to me in an artistic and storytelling type of way. First it was Stranger Things, then The End of The Fucking World, then Sex Education and now I'm Not Okay With This. The targeted-teen English / American shows have a certain continuity in them, whether it is because of the heavy color scheme, the impeccable characters (except the one I mentioned above), or a story that is just so wonderfully written. I am not sure what it is but Netflix Originals maintain a certain aesthetic to their series that makes all of them feel so well done (as well as the Spanish series, so amazing!!! 10/10 recommend).

I watched all of Season 1 of I'm Not Okay With This in one sit down... right now... no like legit, I just finished it at 20:30... and then I felt inspired so here I am :) What I'm trying to say is that it would be nice to incorporate those aesthetically pleasing characteristics as well as have well written roles.

Two details:

Stanley's suit!!! For one of my characters!!!!!

Adding the title at the end of a scene!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://youtu.be/a5jucl6Xu-o