April 7, 2019

Publication 4, Week 7

How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

At first, there was a simplistic mindset that was hindering the process of me experimenting and letting my creative juices flow. I wanted everything to be perfect and rigid. No mistakes. Every shot the same, no variety. And the truth is, to successfully satisfy a film opening you don't have to successfully satisfy every shot and angle. One has to open their mind, technically and creatively.

I began shooting and there was a necessity for wide shots, establishing shots, and scenic shots because it is part of the story. The opening takes place in the beach and those who have tried to shoot at the beach know the difficulty. There are certain strategies used to work around the fact that nothing is definite in nature, such as the weather, lighting, and sounds. These factors contributed to breaking the ice for a first time filming in nature, nonetheless the beach.

I believe that the before, the during, and the after of filming are distinct because of how the process of  creativity developed. The before was simplistic and close-minded. A simple way to get by this project and finish it. Yet when once I began, so the during, my colors began to burst. I began to work around the problems and made nature my friend. Then came post-production, editing the film was not as meticulous nor tedious but nonetheless colorful. I enjoyed enhancing every scene with saturation and whenever there was too much movement for a shot, it helped to put stillness so it flowed smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://youtu.be/a5jucl6Xu-o