March 14, 2019

Publication 1, Week 4

I spoke with my teacher and pitched her my idea. There had been many aspects and details to the project that I had not thought about. Certain details that I didn't think would effect the content itself. This goes to show that when creating something, and especially when wanting to create something great, you have to focus on the small things. For example, my idea is set to take place at the beach. The beach is a beautiful place to film at yet complex. There are natural, environmental aspects that are out of one's control. Another example, the sun. The Sun is a ball of fire millions of light years away (or maybe that's what they want us to think) that has been illuminating the Earth for billions of years (or has it?). This Sun changes the look, obviously the lighting, shows the passing of time, gives a distinct vibe to a scene depending on its position.

With this being said, if I were to film a calm, well-lit scene without much exposure in the physical camera then I would have to film in the morning. No later than 11am which is when the Miami, Florida coastal heat starts to hit. This would help with the mise-en-scene with the characters. For example, if the actors have been outside, at the beach, in the sun, for a couple of hours, it visually could be implicated. Yet, that is not the point for the beginning of the scene, the passing of time should be shown as their mise-en-scene gradually grows sweaty and bronzed. If I were to get stills of the water and shots of them already (as states before) "beached" (glowy and bronzed) then these scenes would best be filmed at noon or later. When the extreme rays of the Sun have just begun to pierce our skin.

These are factors that I now have to take into consideration. I really like caring for the little things. And in this case, little things that play I big role. (get it? cause actors? a film opening? playing a role? no? no, ok.)

Merci d'avoir lu, je les aime<3 
- Camila Castillo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://youtu.be/a5jucl6Xu-o