March 31, 2019

Publication 2, Week 6

In the process of downloading all the videos to my computer, I think about whether this opening of a film should be silent regarding dialogue and only contain diegetic sounds, such as the background noise. I also think about if this opening to the film be black and white, or have a tint of color. These decisions have to do with the essence of the film. Meaning, the plot and the way it (at the end) creates a longing for what's next. It establishes an uncertainty of what's to come, even if most people think the ending of the story is implied (there might be a plot twist). Below, I will insert certain silent and black & white movies that sparked the inspiration in me and question whether these ideas should be fulfilled.

BLACK & WHITE:

The Artist (2011)


Frances Ha (2013)


LITTLE TO NO DIALOGUE FILMS:

In The City of Sylvia (2007)


Wall-E (2008)



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://youtu.be/a5jucl6Xu-o